The A-Star 32U4 Micro is a tiny programmable module featuring Atmel’s ATmega32U4 microcontroller. It packs a Micro-USB interface and 18 digital input/output pins (of which 7 can be used as PWM outputs and 8 as analog inputs) onto a board measuring only 1″ × 0.6″ and ships preloaded with an Arduino-compatible bootloader.
Compare all products in A-Star Programmable Controllers.
Documentation and other information
- A-Star 32U4 Arduino library
- The AStar32U4 library for the Arduino IDE helps interface with the on-board hardware on the A-Star 32U4 controllers.
- AStar32U4 library documentation
- A-Star 32U4 repository on GitHub
- This repository contains Arduino add-on files, Windows drivers, and the source code of the bootloader for the A-Star 32U4 and the rest of our 32U4 family of boards.
- Arduino Software
- Arduino integrated development environment (IDE) software
- ATmega32U4 documentation
- Atmel’s product page for the ATmega32U4, with links to its datasheet and other resources.
- AVR Libc Home Page
- The web site for AVR Libc, which is the standard library of functions that you can use with C and C++ on the AVR.
- Pololu A-Star and Orangutan Forum Section
- The A-Star and Orangutan discussion section of the Pololu Robotics Forum.
- AVRDUDE is a cross-platform command-line utility for programming the flash memory on AVR microcontrollers.
- AVR Freaks
- AVR community with forums, projects, and AVR news.
- LUFA – the Lightweight USB Framework for AVRs
- LUFA is an embedded software library written in C that can be used to create USB applications on USB-capable AVRs. It comes with a large library of example USB applications and bootloaders.
- Atmel Studio
- Atmel’s free integrated development environment (IDE) for AVRs.
- A free, open-source suite of development tools for the AVR family of microcontrollers, including the GNU GCC compiler for C/C++.
- LPS Arduino library
- This is a library for the Arduino that interfaces with our LPS25H and LPS331AP pressure/altitude sensor carriers as well as the pressure sensor on the AltIMU-10 v3 (it also works with the original AltIMU-10). It makes it simple to read the raw pressure data from the sensor, and it provides functions to help calculate altitude based on the measured pressure.
- Arduino library for addressable RGB LED strips from Pololu
This library allows you to control an arbitrary number of SK6812/WS281x-Based Addressable RGB LEDs from an Arduino.
- LSM303 Arduino library
- This is a library for the Arduino that interfaces with our LSM303D, LSM303DLHC, and LSM303DLM 3D compass and accelerometer carriers as well as the compass and accelerometer ICs on the MinIMU-9 v3 and AltIMU-10 v3 (it also works with older versions of those boards, some of which used the LSM303DLH and LSM303DLHC). It makes it simple to configure the device and read the raw accelerometer and magnetometer data, and it has a function for computing the tilt-compensated heading for those looking to use the LSM303 as a tilt-compensated compass.
- L3G Arduino library
- This is a library for the Arduino that interfaces with our L3GD20H and L3GD20 3-axis gyro carriers as well as the gyros on the MinIMU-9 v3 and AltIMU-10 v3 (it also works with older versions of those boards, some of which used the L3G4200D and the L3GD20). It makes it simple to configure the device and read the raw gyro data.
- Arduino Library for the Pololu QTR Reflectance Sensors
- This guide explains how to use the QTRSensors library to read Pololu QTR reflectance sensors and QTR sensor arrays with Arduinos and Arduino-compatible devices like the Pololu Orangutan robot controllers.