Development Boards (Programmable Controllers) » A-Star Programmable Controllers » A-Star 32U4 Mini »
A-Star 32U4 Mini ULV
The A-Star 32U4 Mini ULV is a programmable module based on the ATmega32U4 from Microchip (formerly Atmel). Unlike competing products, it has an on-board switching step-up regulator that allows it to be powered efficiently from a 0.5 V to 5.5 V supply. This compact 1.9″ × 0.7″ board breaks out all 26 of the microcontroller’s I/O pins (of which 7 can be used as PWM outputs and 12 as analog inputs), and loading programs is made easier by a Micro-USB interface and a preloaded Arduino-compatible bootloader.
Alternatives available with variations in these parameter(s): input voltage range Select variant…
|Description||Specs (16)||Pictures (10)||Resources (30)||FAQs (0)||On the blog (3)|
|Size:||0.7″ × 1.95″ × 0.23″1|
|Processor:||ATmega32U4 @ 16 MHz|
|RAM size:||2560 bytes|
|Program memory size:||32 Kbytes3|
|User I/O lines:||26|
|Input voltage range:||0.5 V to 5.5 V (ULV)|
|Minimum operating voltage:||0.5 V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||5.5 V|
|Maximum input current:||1.2 A4|
|Logic voltage:||5 V|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||Y5|
|External programmer required?:||N|
|PCB dev codes:||ac02a|
|Other PCB markings:||0J8270|
- Without included optional headers. This measurement includes the USB Micro-B connector, which extends 0.05″ past the edge of the PCB.
- Without included optional headers.
- Note that 4 KB of the MCU's 32 KB of flash memory is used by the pre-installed USB bootloader. All 32 KB is available when programming via the ISP header rather than the bootloader.
- Available current depends on input voltage, current consumed by the board, ambient conditions, and regulator topology. See product documentation and performance graphs for details.
- On Bat+ (LV, SV) or Bat- (ULV).