This tiny module can control two motors, 1 A peak each, and you can daisy-chain multiple units to control up to 62 motors with a single serial line. You can also save a buck and some trees and order this controller without the printed manual.
|Description||Specs (13)||Pictures (2)||Resources (4)||FAQs (3)||On the blog (0)|
Note: This product has been replaced by the next-generation Qik 2s9v1 Dual Serial Motor Controller, which is better than the micro dual serial motor controller in most respects.
Pololu’s popular micro motor controller will get your robot running in a snap. The tiny module can individually control two motors, and you can daisy-chain multiple units to control up to 62 motors with one serial line. The new version provides up to 2 A to a single motor, or 1 A each to two motors. The motor supply can be as low as 2 V, making the unit a perfect match for small DC motors.
Control two 1-Amp motors
Control one 2-Amp motor
(New version only.)
Using one serial output from your microcontroller, you can independently set each motor to go forward or backward at any of 127 speeds, coast, and with the new version, brake. The micro motor controller is compatible with our serial servo controllers and serial motor controllers, so you can control an almost unlimited number of motors and servos with one serial line. For a higher-current model, see our low-voltage dual serial motor controller. You might also consider our second-generation qik 2s9v1 dual serial motor controller, which offers several key improvements over this model.
Note: The Pololu micro dual serial motor controller comes pre-assembled. However, to use the motor controller in robotics projects, you need to connect it to your own motors and robot controller.
For complete specifications and information on using the Pololu micro motor controller, see the user’s guide (292k pdf).
- PCB size: 0.90" x 0.45"
- Motor ports: 2
- Speeds: 127 forward and backward, off, brake
- Max. current: two motors 1 A each, one motor 2 A
- Motor voltage: 1.8-9 V
- Logic voltage: 2.5-5.5 V
- Data voltage: 0 and the logic voltage
- PWM frequency: two motors 600 Hz, one motor 750 Hz
- Serial baud rate: 1200-19200 bps (automatically detected)
- motor supply (1.8-9.0 V)
- ground (0 V)
- logic supply (2.5-5.5 V)
- serial control input
- motor 1, positive output
- motor 1, negative output
- motor 0, negative output
- motor 0, positive output
Order a micro motor controller
- Order the Pololu Micro Dual Serial Motor Controller including a printed manual
- Order the Pololu Micro Dual Serial Motor Controller without a printed manual
- The instruction manual is available as a PDF (292k pdf).
The old version of the Pololu micro dual serial motor controller, part #0401, is fully compatible with the new version shown on this page. To identify which version of the motor controller you own, check the label on the back of your module:
- P002 — Old version of the motor controller (part #0401); you can view the manual for the old version (194k pdf).
- P005 — New version of the motor controller (part #0410), shown on this page.
People often buy this product together with:
|Tamiya 70144 Ball Caster Kit (2 casters)|
|Tamiya 70097 Twin-Motor Gearbox Kit|
|Tamiya 70101 Truck Tire Set (4 tires)|