Development Boards (Programmable Controllers) » Raspberry Pi » Raspberry Pi Expansion Boards »
Dual TB9051FTG Motor Driver for Raspberry Pi (Partial Kit)
This add-on board enables a Raspberry Pi (Model B+ or newer) to drive a pair of brushed DC motors. Its dual TB9051FTG motor drivers operate from 4.5 V to 28 V and can deliver a continuous 2.6 A (5 A peak) per motor. The default pin mappings make it easy to get started using our provided software, but the board also exposes most of the driver chips’ I/O pins for more specialized applications. This version ships as a partial kit; all surface-mount components are installed, but the included through-hole connectors are not soldered in.
Alternatives available with variations in these parameter(s): partial kit? Select variant…
Compare all products in Raspberry Pi Expansion Boards or Brushed DC Motor Drivers.
|Description||Specs (14)||Pictures (12)||Resources (7)||FAQs (0)||On the blog (1)|
|Size:||65 mm × 56 mm|
|Minimum operating voltage:||4.5 V2|
|Maximum operating voltage:||28 V3|
|Continuous output current per channel:||2.6 A4|
|Peak output current per channel:||5 A|
|Current sense:||0.5 V/A|
|Maximum PWM frequency:||20 kHz|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||Y5|
|PCB dev codes:||rpe05a|
|Other PCB markings:||0J11290|
- Without included connectors and mounting hardware.
- Operation from 4.5 V to 8 V reduces maximum current output.
- Transient operation (< 500 ms) up to 40 V.
- Typical results at room temperature with VIN > 8 V and both channels running 90% duty cycle. Operation from 4.5 V to 8 V reduces maximum current output.
- On motor voltage only; logic voltage does not have reverse protection.