Pololu Metal Gearmotors » 37D Metal Gearmotors » 24V 37D Metal Gearmotors »
70:1 Metal Gearmotor 37Dx70L mm 24V with 64 CPR Encoder (Helical Pinion)
This gearmotor is a powerful 24V brushed DC motor with a 70:1 metal gearbox and an integrated quadrature encoder that provides a resolution of 64 counts per revolution of the motor shaft, which corresponds to 4480 counts per revolution of the gearbox’s output shaft. The gearbox is composed mainly of spur gears, but it features helical gears for the first stage for reduced noise and improved efficiency. These units have a 16 mm-long, 6 mm-diameter D-shaped output shaft. This gearmotor is also available without an encoder.
|voltage||no-load performance||stall extrapolation|
|24 V||140 RPM, 100 mA||31 kg⋅cm (430 oz⋅in), 3 A|
Alternatives available with variations in these parameter(s): gear ratio motor type encoders? Select variant…
|Description||Specs (22)||Pictures (16)||Resources (4)||FAQs (1)||On the blog (0)|
|Size:||37D × 70L mm1|
|Shaft diameter:||6 mm2|
|No-load speed @ 24V:||140 rpm|
|No-load current @ 24V:||0.1 A|
|Stall current @ 24V:||3 A3|
|Stall torque @ 24V:||31 kg·cm3|
|Max output power @ 24V:||10 W4|
|No-load speed @ 12V:||72 rpm5|
|No-load current @ 12V:||0.08 A5|
|Stall current @ 12V:||1.7 A5|
|Stall torque @ 12V:||18 kg·cm5|
Performance at maximum efficiency
|Max efficiency @ 24V:||50 %|
|Speed at max efficiency:||120 rpm|
|Torque at max efficiency:||3.9 kg·cm|
|Current at max efficiency:||0.42 A|
|Output power at max efficiency:||5.0 W|
|Lead length:||20 cm6|
|Encoder resolution:||64 CPR|
- Length measurement is from gearbox face plate to back of encoder cap (it does not include the output shaft). See dimension diagram for details.
- D shaft.
- Stalling is likely to damage the gearmotor. Stall parameters come from a theoretical extrapolation of performance at loads far from stall. As the motor heats up, as happens as it approaches an actual stall, the stall torque and current decrease.
- This is the output power at the maximum recommended operating load of 10 kg⋅cm; higher power might be achievable for brief durations at higher loads (see performance graphs in the datasheet).
- This motor will run at 12 V but is intended for operation at 24 V.
- May vary by a few centimeters.