VL53L1X Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor Carrier with Voltage Regulator, 400cm Max
This sensor is a carrier/breakout board for ST’s VL53L1X laser-ranging sensor, which offers fast and accurate ranging up to 4 m. It uses the time of flight (ToF) of invisible, eye-safe laser pulses to measure absolute distances independent of ambient lighting conditions and target characteristics like color, shape, and texture (though these things will affect the maximum range). The VL53L1X also features a programmable region of interest (ROI), so the full field of view can be reduced or divided into multiple zones. Distance measurements can be read through a digital I²C interface. The board includes a 2.8 V linear regulator and level-shifters that allow it to work over an input voltage range of 2.6 V to 5.5 V, and the 0.1″ pin spacing makes it easy to use with standard solderless breadboards and 0.1″ perfboards.
|Description||Specs (11)||Pictures (9)||Resources (12)||FAQs (0)||On the blog (4)|
- VL53L1X Time-of-Flight sensor datasheet (1MB pdf)
- UM2356: VL53L1X API user manual (1MB pdf)
- Schematic diagram of the VL53L0X/VL53L1X/VL53L3CX Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor Carrier (108k pdf)
- Dimension diagram of the VL53L0X/VL53L1X/VL53L3CX Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor Carrier with Voltage Regulator (201k pdf)
- 3D model of the VL53L0X/VL53L1X/VL53L3CX Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor Carrier with Voltage Regulator (3MB step)
- Drill guide for the VL53L0X/VL53L1X/VL53L3CX Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor Carrier with Voltage Regulator (21k dxf)
- This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.
- AN4846: Using multiple VL53L0X in a single design (196k pdf)
- This application note from ST describes how to use multiple VL53L0X sensors on a single I²C bus.
- UM10204 I²C-bus specification and user manual (1MB pdf)
- The official specification for the I²C-bus, which is maintained by NXP.