LSM303D 3D Compass and Accelerometer Carrier with Voltage Regulator
The LSM303D combines a digital 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis magnetometer into a single package that is ideal for making a tilt-compensated compass. The six independent readings, whose sensitivities can be set in the ranges of ±2 to ±16 g and ±2 to ±12 gauss, are available through I²C and SPI interfaces. This LSM303 carrier board includes a 3.3 V voltage regulator and integrated level shifters that allows operation from 2.5 to 5.5 V, and the 0.1″ pin spacing makes it easy to use with standard solderless breadboards and 0.1″ perfboards.
|Description||Specs (7)||Pictures (6)||Resources (9)||FAQs (1)||On the blog (3)|
- LSM303D 3D Compass and Accelerometer Carrier with Voltage Regulator schematic diagram (162k PDF)
- Printable schematic diagram of the LSM303D 3D Compass and Accelerometer Carrier with Voltage Regulator.
- Using LSM303DLH for a tilt-compensated electronic compass (1MB pdf)
- An application note by ST on how to use the LSM303DLH as a tilt-compensated compass. This application note mostly applies to the very similar LSM303DLM as well (when replacing the DLH with the DLM, the main difference to note is that the magnetometer Y and Z registers have been swapped).
- UM10204 I²C-bus specification and user manual (1MB pdf)
- The official specification for the I²C-bus, which is maintained by NXP.
- LSM303D datasheet (1MB pdf)
- Datasheet for the ST LSM303D 3D accelerometer and 3D magnetometer module.
- Drill guide for the LSM303D 3D Compass and Accelerometer Carrier with Voltage Regulator (22k dxf)
- This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.