Pololu TReX Dual Motor Controller DMC01
The TReX blends RC, analog, and serial inputs for a powerful motor control solution capable of delivering a continuous 13 A per motor. The TReX will work right out of the box as an electronic speed control (ESC), but its ability to seamlessly transition between RC/analog and serial control makes it capable of so much more!
|Description||Specs (14)||Pictures (7)||Resources (9)||FAQs (1)||On the blog (1)|
Documentation and other information
This sample C# program (written for Microsoft Visual C# 2008) shows how you can use your computer to send and receive data from the TReX and TReX Jr motor controllers.
- TReX Configurator utility for Windows version 100608 (295k zip)
- If you have the ability to connect your TReX to a computer (via serial port or USB-to-serial adapter), you can use this program to monitor the channel inputs, control the motor drivers, and configure its various settings. This version supports TReX and TReX Jr firmware versions 1.3 and below. Please manually uninstall older versions of the TReX Configurator before installing this version.
- TReX command documentation (100k pdf)
- TReX configuration parameter documentation (125k pdf)
- TReX (DMC01) Firmware version 1.2 (160k trx)
- This firmware fixes a bug that affected the 38,400 and 28,800 bps baud rates, and it adds a configuration parameter that lets you optionally insert a 1 ms delay between the last byte of a received command packet and the first byte of the TReX’s transmitted response. Without this delay, slower controllers, such as the Basic Stamp, can miss the first byte of the TReX’s response.
- VNH2SP30 motor driver datasheet (670k pdf)