Balboa 32U4 Balancing Robot Kit (No Motors or Wheels)
Build your very own programmable balancing robot with the Balboa 32U4 robot kit! The Balboa control board features an Arduino-compatible ATmega32U4 MCU, motor drivers, quadrature encoders, and a full IMU. This board also has the ability to interface with a Raspberry Pi, making the foundation for a complete Raspberry Pi-controlled balancing robot. Motors and wheels are not included: choose your wheels and motors to personalize your robot.
|Description||Specs (2)||Pictures (43)||Resources (24)||FAQs (0)||On the blog (12)|
Documentation and other information
- Pololu A-Star 32U4 drivers for Windows (version 126.96.36.199) (7k zip)
- This download contains the Windows drivers for the A-Star 32U4 and the rest of our 32U4 family of boards.
- Schematic diagram of the Balboa 32U4 control board (587k pdf)
- Pinout and power distribution diagrams of the Balboa 32U4 control board (2MB pdf)
- Gear ratio chart for the Balboa Chassis (447k pdf)
- This printable 1:1 scale chart helps you identify the gears included in the Balboa 32U4 Robot Kit and Balboa Chassis Kit and details the available gear ratios.
- Dimension diagram of the Balboa 32U4 Control Board (471k pdf)
- Dimension diagram for the Balboa 32U4 Balancing Robot Kit (734k pdf)
- Dimension diagram of the Bumper Cage Kit for Balboa 32U4 Balancing Robot (152k pdf)
- Balboa Bumper Cage assembly reference diagram (2MB pdf)
- Note: all angles shown assume the use of 80mm wheels.
- 3D model of the assembled Balboa Balancing Robot (24MB step)
- Note: this model includes micro metal gearmotors and 80mm wheels that are sold separately from the Balboa 32U4 Balancing Robot Kit. This model uses a simplified model of the Balboa 32U4 Control Board to reduce the file size.
- 3D model of the Balboa 32U4 Control Board (27MB step)
- Note: this model includes an LCD and headers that are sold separately from the Balboa 32U4 Balancing Robot Kit.
- Drill guide for the Balboa 32U4 Control Board (285k dxf)
- This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.
- LSM6DS33 datasheet (1MB pdf)
- Datasheet for the ST LSM6DS33 3D accelerometer and 3D gyroscope.
- LIS3MDL datasheet (2MB pdf)
- Datasheet for the ST LIS3MDL 3-axis magnetometer.