DRV8880 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier
This breakout board for TI’s DRV8880 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver features adjustable current limiting, overcurrent and overtemperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/16-step). In addition, the driver’s current limit can be dynamically reduced to save power, and it has an autotune feature that automatically selects the decay mode that results in the smoothest current waveform. The carrier has a pinout and interface that are nearly identical to those of our A4988 carriers, so it can be used as a drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications. The DRV8880 operates from 6.5 V to 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow (up to 1.6 A peak). This board ships with 0.1″ male header pins included but not soldered in.
|Description||Specs (13)||Pictures (10)||Resources (8)||FAQs (4)||On the blog (1)|
- Texas Instruments DRV8880 stepper motor driver datasheet (2MB pdf)
- DRV8880 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier schematic diagram (121k pdf)
- Printable schematic diagram of the DRV8880 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier.
- Dimension diagram of the DRV8880 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (436k pdf)
- 3D model of the DRV8880 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (4MB step)
- Drill guide for the DRV8880 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (42k dxf)
- This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.