Motion Control Modules » Stepper Motor Drivers » A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Carriers, Black Edition »
A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier, Black Edition
Our Black Edition A4988 stepper motor driver carrier is a higher-performance drop-in replacement for the original A4988 stepper motor driver carrier. It features a four-layer PCB for better thermal performance, allowing the A4988 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver to deliver approximately 20% more current than our two-layer (green) version. Like our original carrier, the Black Edition offers adjustable current limiting, over-current and over-temperature protection, and five different microstep resolutions. It operates from 8 V to 35 V and can deliver up to 2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling. This board ships with 0.1″ male header pins included but not soldered in.
Alternatives available with variations in these parameter(s): header pins soldered? bulk packaged?
|Description||Specs (12)||Pictures (9)||Resources (8)||FAQs (4)||On the blog (2)|
- Allegro A4988 stepper motor driver datasheet (1MB pdf)
- Dimension diagram of the A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier, Black Edition (231k pdf)
- 3D model of the A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier, Black Edition (3MB step)
- A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier drill guide (33k dxf)
- This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes. It applies to both the green (md09b) and black (md09c) editions of the A4988 stepper motor driver carrier.