The Pololu Wixel is a general-purpose programmable module featuring a 2.4 GHz radio and USB. You can write your own software or load precompiled, open-source apps onto the TI CC2511F32 microcontroller at the heart of the Wixel, turning it into a wireless serial link, data logger, or whatever you need for your current project. With 29 KB of available flash and 4 KB of RAM, the Wixel is even suitable as the main controller for a robot or other system. This version ships with 0.1" male header pins installed as shown.
|Description||Specs (11)||Pictures (10)||Resources (17)||FAQs (2)||On the blog (4)|
Documentation and other information
This guide shows how the Joystick App for the Wixel can be used to convert a non-USB joystick into a USB device.
- Wixel Windows Drivers and Software (release 121129) (12MB zip)
- This ZIP archive contains the installation files for the Wixel Configuration Utility, the Wixel command-line utility (WixelCmd), and the required USB drivers for Microsoft Windows.
- Wixel Development Bundle for Windows (version 120127) (10MB exe)
- This bundle contains all the software you need to get started developing your own Wixel apps in Windows: a copy of the Wixel SDK, the Small Device C Compiler (SDCC), the Pololu GNU Build Utilities, and the Notepad++ Text Editor.
- Wixel Software for i686-linux-gnu (release 110623) (211k gz)
- This tar/gzip archive contains the binary executable files for the Wixel Configuration Utility and the Wixel command-line utility (wixelcmd) for Linux i686-linux-gnu (32-bit).
- Wixel Software for x86_64-linux-gnu (release 110623) (216k gz)
- This tar/gzip archive contains the binary executable files for the Wixel Configuration Utility and the Wixel command-line utility (wixelcmd) for * x86_64-linux-gnu (64-bit)*.
- Wixel Software for arm-linux-gnueabihf (release 150527) (206k gz)
- This tar/gzip archive contains the binary executable files for the Wixel Configuration Utility and the Wixel command-line utility (wixelcmd) for arm-linux-gnueabihf.
- Wixel Pinout and Peripherals (145k pdf)
- Printable labeled pinout and peripheral diagram of the Pololu Wixel (actual size). This diagram makes a handy reference when working with the Wixel, and it is small enough to fit on a business card.
- Wixel schematic diagram (51k pdf)
- Printable schematic diagram of the Pololu Wixel.
- Wixel EAGLE Library (5k lbr)
- Customer-made EAGLE PCB library for the Wixel (by mmcp42).
- Pololu Wixel guia de usuario (1MB pdf)
- A Spanish version of the Pololu Wixel user’s guide, provided by customer Jaume B.