Video: LVBots April 2015 line following competition
LVBots held a line following competition at Pololu on April 16th. The goal was to make an autonomous robot that does three laps of the course the fastest. Seventeen robots faced off in a head-to-head double elimination tournament. The video above shows the robots in action and the full results of the contest.
Ben’s Mostly Red Racer won the line following competition for the second time in a row with an average speed of 1.2 m/s, but the competition was more fierce this time. Brandon secured second place with The Chariot, which had an average speed of 1.17 m/s and had a best course time that was only 0.7 seconds slower than Ben’s.
There were also some fun exhibition robots. Kevin made a hovercraft named Full of Eels that was able to sometimes follow the line. Kevin and Jeremy made The Next Level, a line follower on top of a line follower.
Here are posts about some of the robots in the contest:
- Jon’s line following robot: Usain Volt 2.0
- David’s line following robot that learns the course
- Brandon’s line following robot: The Chariot
- Jeremy’s line following robot: Zumo Slim
- Nathan’s line following robot: Suckbot
- Grant’s line following robot: Pinto
- Claire’s line following robot: Oddish
- Amanda’s line following robot: Newbie
- Paul’s Wixel-based line following robot: Two Point Four
Are you in the Las Vegas area? Check out the LVBots Meetup page to get involved.