MP6500 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier, Potentiometer Current Control
This breakout board for the MPS MP6500 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver has a pinout and interface that are very similar to that of our popular A4988 carriers, so it can be used as a drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications. The MP6500 offers up to 1/8-step microstepping, operates from 4.5 V to 35 V, and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow (up to 2.5 A peak). This version of the board uses an on-board trimmer potentiometer for setting the current limit, and the board ships with 0.1″ male header pins included but not soldered in.
Alternatives available with variations in these parameter(s): current limit control header pins soldered?
|Description||Specs (14)||Pictures (10)||Resources (9)||FAQs (4)||On the blog (2)|
- MPS MP6500 stepper motor driver datasheet (1MB pdf)
- MPS Application Note AN120: Understanding MP6500 Current Control (1MB pdf)
- Schematic diagram of the MP6500 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (118k pdf)
- Dimension diagram of the MP6500 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (216k pdf)
- Drill guide for the MP6500 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (41k dxf)
- This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.
- 3D model of the MP6500 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier, Potentiometer Current Control (5MB step)
- 3D model of the MP6500 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier, Digital Current Control (5MB step)