DRV8834 Low-Voltage Stepper Motor Driver Carrier
This is a breakout board for TI’s DRV8834 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver. It has a pinout and interface that are nearly identical to those of our A4988 carriers, so it can be used as a drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications. The DRV8834 operates from 2.5–10.8 V, allowing stepper motors to be powered with voltages that are too low for other drivers, and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow (up to 2 A peak). It features adjustable current limiting, overcurrent and overtemperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). This board ships with 0.1″ male header pins included but not soldered in.
|Description||Specs (13)||Pictures (10)||Resources (8)||FAQs (4)||On the blog (1)|
- Texas Instruments DRV8834 stepper motor driver datasheet (2MB pdf)
- DRV8834 low-voltage stepper motor driver carrier schematic diagram (105k pdf)
- Printable schematic diagram for the DRV8834 low-voltage stepper motor driver carrier.
- Dimension diagram of the DRV8834 Low-Voltage Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (215k pdf)
- 3D model of the DRV8834 Low-Voltage Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (3MB step)
- Drill guide for DRV8834 Low-Voltage Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (38k dxf)
- This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.