This sensor is a carrier/breakout board for the ST L3GD20 three-axis gyroscope, which measures the angular rates of rotation about the roll (X), pitch (Y), and yaw (Z) axes. Angular velocity measurements with a configurable range of ±250°/s, ±500°/s, or ±2000°/s can be read through a digital I²C or SPI interface. The board has a 3.3 V linear regulator and integrated level-shifters that allow it to work over an input voltage range of 2.5–5.5 V, and the 0.1″ pin spacing makes it easy to use with standard solderless breadboards and 0.1″ perfboards.
Clearance: This board is being replaced by the newer L3GD20H carrier.
|Description||Specs (8)||Pictures (6)||Resources (6)||FAQs (0)||On the blog (2)|
- L3GD20 datasheet (2MB pdf)
- Datasheet for the ST L3GD20 three-axis digital-output gyroscope.
- UM10204 I²C-bus specification and user manual (371k pdf)
- The official specification for the I²C-bus, which is maintained by NXP.
- L3GD20 3-Axis Gyro Carrier with Voltage Regulator drill guide (18k dxf)
- This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.