Tamiya’s 8-speed mini motor gearbox features a more compact 030-form-factor brushed DC motor driving a single gear train that can be assembled to have one of eight gear ratios: 7.5:1, 9.5:1, 15.7:1, 19.9:1, 32.9:1, 41.8:1, 79.1:1, or 87.8:1.
The mini-motor gearbox kit from Tamiya makes it easy to get a small robot or plastic model moving. The kit includes one brushed DC motor and all the gears and parts to build any of the eight possible gear ratio configurations: 7.5:1, 9.5:1, 15.7:1, 19.9:1, 32.9:1, 41.8:1, 79.1:1, or 87.8:1. The eight gear ratio options give you the flexibility to choose the best speed and torque for your project. There are two possible output axle locations (only one output location is possible for any given ratio).
|Parts included with the Tamiya 70188 mini motor gearbox (8-speed) kit with quarter for size reference.|
The kit includes step-by-step illustrated instructions in both Japanese and English. A scanned copy of the instructions is available on the Pictures tab. The kit can be built with just a screwdriver, but the instructions recommend having side cutters, tweezers, and a modeling knife on hand. The gearbox kit’s motor has a 030 form factor that is smaller than the Tamiya gearboxes that use the Mabuchi FA-130 motor.
|Box front for Tamiya mini motor gearbox (8-speed) kit.||
|Instructions for Tamiya mini motor gearbox (8-speed) kit page 2.|
|Box back for Tamiya mini motor gearbox (8-speed) kit shows the possible gear ratios in yellow.|
- 030-form-factor motor
- Speed @ 3 V: 8400 RPM
- Free-run current @ 3 V: 60 mA
- Stall current @ 3 V: 600 mA
- Stall torque @ 3 V: see picture to the right for torque table
- 8 different gear ratios, which can be adjusted by changing the pinion gear and final gear position
- 3 mm hexagonal output shaft compatible with our adapter for LEGO wheels and many of Tamiya’s wheels.
- Mounting holes designed to work with the Tamiya 70098 universal plate set and other Tamiya construction series products.
- Transparent gear housing shows the internal mechanisms
- Compact size of approximately 20 x 18 x 50 mm (0.8" x 0.7" x 2")
Note: The Tamiya 70188 mini motor gearbox (8-speed) is a kit; assembly is required.
People often buy this product together with: