6. Zumo 32U4 Arduino library
The Zumo 32U4 can be programmed from the Arduino IDE as described in the preceding sections.
To help interface with all the on-board hardware on the Zumo 32U4, we provide the Zumo32U4 library. The Zumo32U4 library documentation provides detailed information about the library, and the library comes with several example sketches.
If you are using version 1.6.2 or later of the Arduino software (IDE), you can use the Library Manager to install this library:
- In the Arduino IDE, open the “Sketch” menu, select “Include Library”, then “Manage Libraries…”.
- Search for “Zumo32U4”.
- Click the Zumo32U4 entry in the list.
- Click “Install”.
If this does not work, you can manually install the library:
- Download the latest release archive from GitHub and decompress it.
- Rename the folder “zumo-32u4-arduino-library-master” to “Zumo32U4”.
- Move the “Zumo32U4” folder into the “libraries” directory inside your Arduino sketchbook directory. You can view your sketchbook location by opening the “File” menu and selecting “Preferences” in the Arduino IDE. If there is not already a “libraries” folder in that location, you should make the folder yourself.
- After installing the library, restart the Arduino IDE.
After you install the Zumo32U4 library, you can learn more about it by trying the included example sketches and by reading the Zumo32U4 library documentation.