2.a. Download Instructions
This section provides links and instructions for downloading the Pololu AVR C/C++ Library. Please see the Pololu AVR Programming Quick Start Guide for detailed instructions on how to get started using the library in Linux, Windows, or Mac.
Installers for Windows
For Windows users, we recommend first downloading and installing an appropriate version of Atmel Studio before you install the Pololu AVR C/C++ Library. If you are using Windows 7 or later, we recommend Atmel Studio 7.0 because it is the latest version supported by our installers. If you are using Windows Vista, we recommend Atmel Studio 6.2 because Atmel Studio 7.0 does not support Windows Vista. After installing Atmel Studio, we recommend downloading the Pololu AVR Development Bundle for Windows, which contains the library along with some drivers you might need. For people who only need the library and do not want any drivers, a standalone installer for the library is also provided. Both installers will automatically detect Atmel Studio and WinAVR and give you the option to integrate the library into either toolchain.
These are the latest installers for Windows we provide:
- Pololu AVR Development Bundle for Windows (~11MB exe): recommended download for Windows users
- Pololu AVR Library Installer for Windows (~1MB exe): library only
We provide ZIP files with binaries and source code for Linux and Mac OS X users and advanced Windows users who do not want to use an installer.
- libpololu-avr-151002.zip (3MB zip): latest version
- libpololu-avr-150324.zip (3MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-140513.zip (3MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-131009.zip (3MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-130508.zip (3MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-121115.zip (3MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-120913.zip (3MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-120821.zip (3MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-120711.zip (3MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-120510.zip (3MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-120329.zip (3MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-101104.zip (2MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-100607.zip (2MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-100326.zip (2MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-100129.zip (1MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-091201.zip (1MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-091106.zip (1MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-090605.zip (721k zip)
- libpololu-avr-090420.zip (719k zip)
- libpololu-avr-090414.src.zip (1MB zip)
- libpololu-avr-081209.src.zip (295k zip)
- libpololu-avr-081209.zip (254k zip)
- libpololu-avr-081104.src.zip (292k zip)
- libpololu-avr-081104.zip (251k zip)
The source code of the library is also available in the libpololu-avr repository on GitHub.