Pololu TReX Jr Dual Motor Controller DMC02
This lower-power, smaller, and lower-cost version of the TReX is the ultimate general-purpose motor controller for small motors: it has a wide operating range (5 to 24 V), delivers 2.5 A continuously per motor, provides current sensing on the two main channels, and it features the TReX triple interface that allows you to control motors from a serial line (RS-232 or TTL), radio control (RC) receiver, or analog voltage source such as a potentiometer.
|Description||Specs (15)||Pictures (7)||Resources (11)||FAQs (1)||On the blog (0)|
Documentation and other information
This sample C# program (written for Microsoft Visual C# 2008) shows how you can use your computer to send and receive data from the TReX and TReX Jr motor controllers.
- TReX Configurator utility for Windows version 100608 (295k zip)
- If you have the ability to connect your TReX to a computer (via serial port or USB-to-serial adapter), you can use this program to monitor the channel inputs, control the motor drivers, and configure its various settings. This version supports TReX and TReX Jr firmware versions 1.3 and below. Please manually uninstall older versions of the TReX Configurator before installing this version.
- TReX Jr command documentation (100k pdf)
- TReX Jr configuration parameter documentation (125k pdf)
- TReX Jr (DMC02) Firmware version 1.2 (161k trx)
- This firmware fixes a bug that affected the 38,400 and 28,800 bps baud rates, and it adds a configuration parameter that lets you optionally insert a 1 ms delay between the last byte of a received command packet and the first byte of the TReX Jr’s transmitted response. Without this delay, slower controllers, such as the Basic Stamp, can miss the first byte of the TReX Jr’s response.
- MC33887 motor driver datasheet (1MB pdf)
- Drill guide for Pololu TReX Jr Dual Motor Controller DMC02 (85k dxf)
- This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.