Pololu Dual Serial Motor Controller (assembled)
The dual serial motor controller allows any microcontroller or computer with a serial port (external RS-232 level converter required) to drive two bidirectional DC motors with full 7-bit speed-control. Multiple motor controllers can be controlled with a single serial line, and they are compatible with our other serial motor controllers and serial servo controllers. This unit is available as a kit as well.
|Description||Specs (0)||Pictures (0)||Resources (2)||FAQs (3)||On the blog (0)|
- How often do I need to send the motor controller a new command?
- That is up to your application. The motor controller will keep the motor(s) running at the same setting until you send a new command or reset it.
- Can I connect multiple motors to one motor output?
- It’s certainly possible to connect multiple motors to a single motor output. However, you will need to make sure that the motors do not draw too much current for the motor driver you are using.
- When should I use the configuration (set motor numbers) command?
- Configuration is intended to be used only when you want to change the motor numbers to which the controller will respond. If you’re happy with the default (2 and 3) or the settings you’ve already chosen, there’s no need to re-configure every time. The configuration is stored in non-volatile EEPROM, which means that it is saved even when you reset or turn off your motor controller. The EEPROM can be written thousands of times, but you could use it up if you keep writing new values in a loop.