Hakko FX-888D Digital Soldering Station
This Hakko FX-888D soldering station is the digital version of the popular FX-888 soldering station. This 65 W compact soldering station features a ceramic heating element, integrated digital display, adjustable temperature output from 120 °F to 899 °F (50 °C to 480 °C), five user-selectable preset temperatures, and optional password protected temperature setting functionality.
|Description||Specs (0)||Pictures (4)||Resources (2)||FAQs (0)||On the blog (1)|
Hakko FX-888D station.
Hakko FX-888D Digital Soldering Station soldering iron and tip cleaner holder.
The Hakko FX-888D is a 65 W digital soldering station with adjustable temperature control and an integrated display. It is an updated digital version of the popular FX-888 soldering station and includes several new features, including user-selectable preset temperatures, digital calibration, a low-temperature alarm to help protect against cold solder joints, and optional password protection of the temperature setting to allow for process control. The soldering iron holder houses both a wet sponge and a brass wire sponge for cleaning the tip; since the brass is softer than the tip plating but harder than the oxidation that forms on the tip, this provides a great alternative for cleaning the tip that does not reduce the tip temperature and does not require water.
- Adjustable temperature control
- 70 W 120 VAC base station
- Temperature range of 120 °F to 899 °F (50 °C to 480 °C)
- Maintains idle temperature ±1.8 °F (1 °C) of set point when set to 400 °F to 899 °F (200 °C to 480 °C)
- Digital display can show set temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Low temperature alarm to help protect against cold solder joints
- Ceramic heating element and sensor ensures rapid heat-up temperature and fast thermal recovery
- Password protected temperature setting functionality
- Preset modes allows you to store up to five preset temperatures
- Compact design
- ESD Safe
- MET Laboratories NRTL safety approval
Soldering iron tips
Since the soldering iron tip can easily be swapped, it is useful to keep a variety of tips on hand and use the best tip for the job; it is also useful to have extras on hand as replacements. We carry chisel- and conical-type T18 soldering tips for the FX-888D in a variety of sizes:
- T18-D12 Soldering Tip (1.2 mm width by 14.5 mm length chisel tip)
- T18-D16 Soldering Tip (1.6 mm width by 14.5 mm length chisel tip — one of these is included with this soldering station)
- T18-D24 Soldering Tip (2.4 mm width by 14.5 mm length chisel tip)
- T18-D32 Soldering Tip (3.2 mm width by 14.5 mm length chisel tip)
- T18-B Soldering Tip (0.5 mm radius by 14.5 mm length conical or pencil tip)
- T18-I Soldering Tip (0.2 mm radius by 14.5 mm length conical or pencil tip)
- T18-IS Soldering Tip (0.2 mm radius by 11 mm length conical or pencil tip)
Soldering iron features
Hakko FX-8801 soldering iron included with the Hakko FX-888D Digital Soldering Station.
- 65 W 26 VAC soldering iron
- Slender, lightweight ergonomic iron handle
- Compatible with Hakko T18 series tips
- Wide selection of tips available for SMD and through-hole applications
- Includes standard 1.6 mm T18-D16 chisel tip
- Less than 2 Ω tip-to-ground resistance
- Less than 2 mV tip-to-ground potential
- Ceramic heating element
- 190 mm (7.5″) iron length
- 1.2 m (4 ft) cord length
- 70 W digital soldering station
- FX8801-02 65 W soldering iron
- T18-D16 1.6 mm chisel tip
- FH800-01BY iron holder
- A1559 cleaning sponge
- A1561 tip cleaning wire
A printed instruction manual is included with this item and is also available as a downloadable PDF (2MB pdf).
This product is Hakko item number FX888D-23BY.
Note: This soldering iron is not a toy. The soldering tip becomes very hot during use. Children should only use the soldering iron with appropriate supervision and protection, such as safety glasses.
People often buy this product together with:
|Female Crimp Pins for 0.1" Housings 100-Pack|
|Crimping Tool: 0.1-1.0 mm² Capacity, 16-28 AWG|