iMAX B6AC Balance Charger and Discharger
The iMAX-B6AC can charge and discharge NiMH, NiCd, Pb, LiPo, Li-ion, and LiFe batteries with individual cell balancing for up to 6 lithium cells. It features a built-in adapter that can be powered from 100–240 VAC, or it can alternatively be powered via a 11–18 VDC input. With its versatile charging capabilities and advanced features like input power monitoring, delta-peak sensitivity, cyclic charging and discharging, and more, the iMAX-B6AC is a great addition to the workbench of any RC, DIY, or robot enthusiast.
|Description||Specs (0)||Pictures (5)||Resources (1)||FAQs (0)||On the blog (1)|
Discontinuation notice: This charger has been replaced by the newer iMAX B6AC V2, which adds several new features along with improved accuracy and stability. Among its new features are a micro USB connection for interfacing with the SKYRC’s ChargeMaster PC software and upgrading the firmware, user control over the final battery voltage when charging, a lithium battery meter that lets the user monitor each cell’s voltage, and an internal resistance meter. In addition, the iMAX B6AC V2 is capable of twice the discharge current of this original version (up to 2A rather than 1A) and has a re-peak mode that lets it automatically peak charge a battery up to three times to ensure the battery is fully charged.
The iMAX-B6AC is a highly versatile, rapid battery charger, discharger, and balancer. It works with NiMH, NiCd, Pb, LiPo, Li-ion, and LiFe batteries, and features an internal independent lithium battery balancer that allows for balance charging and discharging of 2–6 cells. The B6AC has an integrated power adapter that accepts 100–240 VAC (50–60 Hz), which makes it compatible with all standard international mains voltages and frequencies, though the included power cable has a three-prong, US-style plug. Alternatively, it can be powered from an 11–18 VDC input (e.g. from a bench-top power supply or a car battery). The charger ships with input power cables, multiple battery connection cables, and a printed instruction manual.
- Accepts AC input from 100-240 V (50–60 Hz) or DC input from 11–18 V
- Charges 2–20 V Pb batteries
- Charges 1–15 NiMH or NiCd cells
- Charges 1–6 LiPo, Li-ion, or LiFe cells
- Integrated independent lithium battery balancer for 2–6 cells
- Fast charge and storage mode for lithium batteries
- Charge current range from 0.1–5.0 A (50 W max)
- Discharge current range from 0.1–1.0 A (5 W max)
- Delta-peak sensitivity (automatic charge termination using delta-peak voltage detection)
- Input power monitor to prevent damage to a car battery when charging in the field
- Charge-current limiting (NiMH, NiCd)
- Stores up to five user-created program settings
- Cyclic charging/discharging
- Temperature monitoring (requires an external temperature probe in this kit)
- 16×2 character LCD display
For a detailed list of features and information about using the charger, please read through the iMAX-B6AC instruction manual (4MB pdf) (a printed version of this manual is included with the charger).
Battery connector options included with the iMAX-B6AC.
- iMAX-B6AC professional balance charger/discharger with built-in AC adapter (~145 × 135 × 35 mm and ~570 g)
- AC input power adapter cable with three-prong, US-style plug
- DC input power cable – barrel jack to alligator clips
- Output charge cable – 4 mm banana plugs to a male T connector
- Various battery connection cables – female T connector to:
- alligator clips
- male JST RCY connector
- male JR connector (like those found on RC servos)
- glow igniter charger connector
- Printed instruction manual
Note: There are a number of counterfeit iMAX-B6AC chargers on the market that look almost identical to the real unit but are typically unreliable and inferior. We worked hard to ensure that the chargers we carry are genuine. They include a holographic label with a scratch-and-reveal 16-digit security code that can be entered on the SKYRC web site to check the authenticity of the unit.
People often buy this product together with:
|Rechargeable NiMH AAA Battery: 1.2 V, 900 mAh, 1 cell|
|Rechargeable NiMH AA Battery: 1.2 V, 2200 mAh, 1 cell|
|0.1" (2.54mm) Crimp Connector Housing: 1x2-Pin 25-Pack|