3. Programming in Windows with Atmel Studio
- 3.1. Installing Prerequisites
- 3.2. Setting up your programmer
- 3.3. Compiling an Example Program
- 3.4. Programming with AVRDUDE
To program AVRs in Windows, we recommend using Atmel Studio, an integrated development environment (IDE) from Atmel.
Note: The Orangutan X2 does not work with the built-in AVR ISP programming software in Atmel Studio. These instructions will show you how to use Atmel Studio to compile the .hex file and then load it onto the X2 using AVRDUDE, which is included in WinAVR.