Add quadrature encoders to your micro metal gearmotors (extended back shaft version required) with this kit consisting of two sensor boards, two 3-tooth encoder wheels, and two 5-tooth encoder wheels. The installed system does not exceed the 12 mm × 10 mm cross section of the motors and extends only 5 mm beyond the plastic motor end cap. The 3-tooth wheel provides 12 counts per revolution; using the 5-tooth wheel yields 20 counts per revolution. This version is intended for use at 5 V.
|Description||Specs (4)||Pictures (13)||Resources (3)||FAQs (0)||On the blog (8)|
- Optical encoder for micro metal gearmotor schematic diagram (145k pdf)
- Printable schematic diagram for the optical encoder for micro metal gearmotor.
- Datasheet for the Sharp GP2S60 compact reflective photointerrupter (164k pdf)
- Datasheet for the sensor used on the QTR-3RC and QTR-3A Reflectance Sensor Arrays, the Zumo 32U4 robot front sensor array, and the Optical Encoders for micro metal gearmotors.
- Optical Encoder for Micro Metal Gearmotors drill guide (30k dxf)
- This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.