Optical Encoder Pair Kit for Micro Metal Gearmotors, 5V
Add quadrature encoders to your LP, MP, or HP micro metal gearmotors (extended back shaft version required) with this kit consisting of two sensor boards, two 3-tooth encoder wheels, and two 5-tooth encoder wheels. The installed system does not exceed the 12 mm × 10 mm cross section of the motors and extends only 5 mm beyond the plastic motor end cap. The 3-tooth wheel provides 12 counts per revolution; using the 5-tooth wheel yields 20 counts per revolution. This version is intended for use at 5 V.
Note: This board is not compatible with the HPCB micro metal gearmotors; it is only compatible with LP, MP, and HP dual-shaft micro metal gearmotors.
Alternatives available with variations in these parameter(s): voltage
|Description||Specs (4)||Pictures (13)||Resources (3)||FAQs (0)||On the blog (8)|
- Optical encoder for micro metal gearmotor schematic diagram (145k pdf)
- Printable schematic diagram for the optical encoder for micro metal gearmotor.
- Datasheet for the Sharp GP2S60 compact reflective photointerrupter (164k pdf)
- Datasheet for the sensor used on the QTR-3RC and QTR-3A Reflectance Sensor Arrays, the Zumo 32U4 robot front sensor array, and the Optical Encoders for micro metal gearmotors.
- Optical Encoder for Micro Metal Gearmotors drill guide (30k dxf)
- This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.