DRV8824 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier, Low Current
This is a breakout board for TI’s DRV8824 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver, a lower-current version of the DRV8825. It can deliver up to 0.75 A per coil without a heat sink (it is rated for up to 1.2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling), and it has larger current-sense resistors than the DRV8825 that allow for improved microstepping performance at low currents. This carrier has the same pinout, interface, and features as our DRV8825 carrier, which means it can serve as a direct substitute for the DRV8825 carrier when using lower-current stepper motors. This board ships with 0.1″ male header pins included but not soldered in.
|Description||Specs (10)||Pictures (9)||Resources (6)||FAQs (4)||On the blog (1)|
- Texas Instruments DRV8824 stepper motor driver datasheet (1MB pdf)
- DRV8824/DRV8825 stepper motor driver carrier schematic diagram (196k pdf)
- Printable schematic diagram for the DRV8824/DRV8825 stepper motor driver carrier.
- Dimension diagram of the DRV8824 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier, Low Current (496k pdf)
- Drill guide for the DRV8824/DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (42k dxf)
- This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.