5.1. A-Star 32U4 Prime configurations
The A-Star 32U4 Prime LV (blue solder mask, 2 V to 16 V operating voltage range) and SV (green solder mask, 5 V to 36 V operating voltage range) are each available in five different versions, allowing you to choose the right amount of customizability and features for your application. (The pictures here show the LV board, but they also reflect the corresponding SV configurations.)
This version comes with all surface-mount components soldered to the board (including the USB connector, pushbuttons, and power switch), except for the microSD card connector and level shifters, which are not populated. It comes with no headers, DC barrel jack, or buzzer.
A-Star 32U4 Prime LV microSD (SMT Components Only)
A-Star 32U4 Prime SV microSD (SMT Components Only)
This version adds the microSD card connector and level shifters, but is otherwise identical to the preceding version.
This version comes with all surface-mount components except for the microSD card connector and level shifters. These through-hole parts are also soldered in:
- four standard Arduino female headers (one 1×6, two 1×8, one 1×10) on the outermost pins, matching an Arduino Leonardo or Uno R3
- 6-pin ISP header (2×3 male)
- DC barrel jack
- 1×2 low-profile male header for buzzer jumper (shorting block included)
- 1×2 low-profile male header for battery level jumper (shorting block included)
This version adds the microSD card connector and level shifters, as well as a third 1×2 low-profile male header and shorting block for the microSD CS jumper, but is otherwise identical to the preceding version.
This version is the same as the preceding version, but it comes with a 8×2 character LCD (with 2×7 female header soldered), and the following parts are additionally soldered to the board:
- LCD connector (2×7 male header)
- 3.5 mm screw terminal block
For users wishing to populate some or all of the through-hole parts on an SMT-only version of the A-Star 32U4 Prime (or to add more functionality to another version), we offer an A-Star Prime accessory pack that contains these items:
- four standard Arduino female headers (one 1×6, two 1×8, one 1×10)
- four 1×25 male header strips
- 2×3 male header (ISP)
- 2×7 male header (LCD)
- 2×7 female header (LCD)
- 1×2 female header
- 1×10 low-profile male header strip
- three low-profile shorting blocks
- DC barrel jack
- 2-pin 3.5 mm screw terminal block
The 8×2 character LCD is also available separately.
Note: The A-Star 32U4 Prime does not come with a microSD card. The microSD connector is an optional feature that can be used to increase the data storage available to the board, but it is not required.