The m3pi robot is an upgraded version of our popular 3pi robot, consisting of a 3pi robot base connected to an m3pi expansion board that simplifies augmenting your robot’s capabilities with an mbed development board (or other microcontroller boards), wireless modules, and sensors.
Pololu 3pi robot on a 3/4" black line.
- Max speed of around 100 cm/second
- Regulated motor voltage (performance is unaffected by battery voltage)
- 5 reflectance sensors on underside of leading edge for line following and maze solving
- 8×2 character LCD for debugging, feedback, and user interfaces
- Piezo buzzer for simple sounds and music
Please see the 3pi robot product page for a more comprehensive description the 3pi’s features and 3pi resources (user’s guide, projects, videos, etc).
The rest of this user’s guide will help you get started with your m3pi robot or expansion kit.