This data logger lets you save data to files on any FAT16- or FAT32-formatted SD card easily from an Arduino, which can then be read by most plotting, spreadsheet, or analysis programs. The onboard real time clock (RTC) timestamps all your data with the current time, so that you know precisely what happened when.
|Adafruit Data Logging Shield for Arduino, top view.|
|Adafruit Data Logging Shield for Arduino, bottom view with board dimensions.|
Adafruit’s Data Logging Shield for Arduino makes it easy to save data to files on any FAT16- or FAT32-formatted SD card in a way that can be read later by most plotting, spreadsheet, or analysis programs. The included real time clock (RTC) timestamps all your data with the current time, so that you know precisely what happened when.
For documentation and resources to help you use the data logger, see the tutorial on Adafruit’s site.
For Arduino-compatible boards with integrated microSD support, consider the microSD configurations of our A-Star 32U4 Primes.
- SD card interface works with FAT16- or FAT32-formatted cards. 3.3 V level shifter circuitry prevents damage to your SD card.
- Real time clock (RTC) keeps track of the time even when the Arduino is unplugged. The included coin cell battery serves as a backup power source for the RTC and should last for years.
- Included Arduino libraries and example sketches for interfacing with both the SD card and RTC help you get started with this shield quickly.
- Prototyping area for soldering connectors, circuitry, or sensors.
- Integrated 3.3 V regulator powers the SD card and serves as an available reference voltage.
- Configurable indicator LEDs.
- Works with the Arduino Uno, Leonardo, Mega 2560 R3, Mega ADK R3, Duemilanove, and Diecimila. The ADK/Mega R2 or lower are not supported, and this is not compatible with the 3.3 V Arduino Due.
The shield ships with all of its surface-mount parts populated. However, soldering is required for assembly of the included 0.1″ male headers. If you plan on stacking multiple shields, we recommend our stackable 0.1″ female header set for Arduino shields. The shield also ships with a coin cell battery for use as a backup RTC power source.
An Arduino and SD card are not included.
|Adafruit Data Logging Shield plugged into an Arduino Uno.||
|Adafruit Data Logging Shield for Arduino with included header pins and RTC battery.|
Note: This product is Adafruit product ID 1141.
People often buy this product together with: