Electronics » Wireless »
66-Channel LS20031 GPS Receiver Module (MT3339 Chipset)
The Locosys LS20031 GPS receiver integrates a MediaTek MT3339 66-channel GPS chip with a ceramic antenna to create a complete GPS module that can track up to 66 GPS satellites at a time. The GPS module supports up to a 10Hz update rate, a built-in rechargeable battery for rapid satellite acquisition (external power is still required for normal operation), and more than 6 different NMEA ASCII sentences that are output to a TTL-level serial port.
|Description||Specs (2)||Pictures (5)||Resources (7)||FAQs (0)||On the blog (0)|
- LS2003X GPS Receiver Module Family Datasheet v1.3 (356k pdf)
- Datasheet for the LS2003X family of GPS receiver modules with MT3339 chipset.
- MTK packet user’s manual (79k pdf)
- A description of the ASCII packets that can be sent to the LS20031 GPS receiver module to configure it.
- MiniGPS application (version 1.4) (1MB zip)
A windows application for configuring the LS20031 GPS receiver module. This utility lets you change the update rate and control which NMEA formats are output. Archive includes the MiniGPS User Manual PDF.
Mini GPS application showing data from an LS20031 module inside Pololu’s offices.
The Mini GPS application setup tab allows you to configure the LS20031 GPS receiver module.
- GPSFox application by Locosys (1MB zip)
A windows application that interprets NMEA data and displays it nicely. This application looks fancy, but doesn’t let you configure the receiver chip the way the MiniGPS application does.
GPSFox windows application showing data from an LS20031 module inside Pololu’s offices.