This posting is current as of 20 July 2015.
Pololu is an electronics manufacturer and online retailer serving education, maker, and professional engineering industries with products ranging from sensors and motion control electronics to motors and wheels to complete robots. We are a small, growing company, and we are always looking for intelligent and dedicated people to join our team.
You can find out more about us and see other open positions on our jobs page.
We are seeking a full-time, entry-level manufacturing assistant. Experience with electronics and soldering is a plus, but we will train the right person who has mechanical aptitude, ability to concentrate on repetitive tasks, and attention to detail. Duties will include electronics assembly and general manufacturing assistance.
- This is a full-time position for on-site work at our Las Vegas location. Work hours are Monday-Friday, generally 8:00AM-5:00PM.
- Pay will start at $8.25 per hour but can be higher depending on skills and experience.
- Benefits available.
- Duties include day-to-day electronics manufacturing and packaging, including:
- Organizing and cleaning the shop
- Packaging parts
- Electronics assembly
- Inspection and testing
- Re-working surface-mount assemblies
- Recording job notes
- Other manufacturing assistance as needed
- Reliable attendance
- Reliable transportation
- Cheerful, can-do attitude, strong work ethic
- Good fine motor skills/dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to do repetitive tasks for long hours, without losing concentration
- Ability to stand for long hours
- Good time management
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Motivated self-starter
- Problem solver
- Quick learner
- Fluent in English
- Computer skills: can operate a Windows PC, print, and do basic internet browsing
- Ability to do basic math: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Ability to lift and carry at least 40 pounds several times a day
Other desired (but not required) skills and experience
- Experience in electronics inspection and quality control
- Experience in electronics assembly
- Experience in operating electronics assembly equipment, such as pick-and-place
- Experience using microscopes and other QC equipment