Administrative Assistant for Engineering Department
As of 22 August 2012, we are not actively looking to fill this position, but if you think you are especially qualified, we would like to hear from you.
Pololu is a small, growing company of intelligent and dedicated people that designs, manufactures, and sells robotics and electronics products. You can find out more about us and see other open positions on our jobs page.
We are looking for a versatile assistant to help our group of about 10 engineers with various tasks. Our engineering team consists of bright, young, talented individuals who together oversee nearly every aspect of our business. This job does not necessarily require technical knowledge (though that would be plus), but it does require critical thinking skills and attention to detail. An ideal candidate would be one who is quick (physically and mentally), is able to jump from task to task and not forget about what needs to get done, loves to interact with people, is not afraid to ask questions, is an excellent communicator, and can’t help but organize the world around them.
This position is for on-site work at our Las Vegas location because organizing stuff remotely would be difficult…unless you are a wizard, and then that would be cool.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- general office duties, of course
- analyzing information, summarizing it, and providing some input on how to act
- organizing all kinds of stuff
- documenting tasks, creating/perfecting check lists
- assisting with record keeping using our internal system
- being super-duper helpful
- excellent communication, verbal and written
- good at writing (composing paragraphs) and spelling (crucial for non-spell-checkable fields in records)
- strong people skills
- good memory for tasks and events and excellent habits to avoid forgetting things
- computer proficiency (type at least 50 WPM, understand what an operating system is and where your files are, can install a printer)
- proficiency with OpenOffice or Microsoft Office
- multitasking and context-switching
- math knowledge: good basic arithmetic, some understanding of trigonometry and geometry
- takes initiative
- enthusiastic to learn new things and take on tasks
- loves helping others succeed
- loves checking things off a to-do list
- okay with repetitive tasks/gruntwork
- likes making processes better
- flexible (accommodates the styles of the person needing help)
Other desirable skills, traits, experience:
- familiarity with manufacturing, electronics, or online retail industries
- physically fit and coordinated
- aware of the world
We are open to part time if you can be available at least 20 hours per week, but we would want you here daily. Compensation depends on your skills and is likely to go up as the company grows, but we are generally imagining something in the $12-18 per hour range or $27-38k for full-time salary.
How to apply
Note - You are unlikely to get a reply if you do not follow the application instructions. Also, please do not apply if you do not have the skills we’re looking for (we test for them in our interviews, and it’s really easy to tell if you cannot type 50 WPM or need your phone to calculate tips).
To apply for this position at Pololu, please fill out our application form and send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, your cover letter should explicitly discuss why you want this job and why you are a good candidate for it. Applicants will also be required to fill out an Employer Lynx background investigation release form (70k pdf) before being hired. For additional questions about any positions, please contact Linnea Goldstein at 702-262-6648 or email@example.com.