10. Related Resources
This section lists resources that might help you use the Maestro. Please note that these resources are of varying quality and most are not tested or supported by Pololu.
Tutorials and example code
- Sample Project: Simple Hexapod Walker
- Obstacle avoider robot: This robot features a Maestro as its main controller.
- Mini Maestro 24 as an LCD Driver
- PMCtrl: This is a library for the Arduino platform that uses the SoftwareSerial library to control the Maestro.
- node-pololumaestro: This is a module for the Node.js platform for controlling a Maestro over its serial interface.
- RapaPololuMaestro: This is a cross-platform C++ library for controlling a Maestro over its serial interface.
- maestro.py: This Python class can control a Maestro over its serial interface.
- android-pololu-maestro-ssc: This is an example Android app written in Java that controls the Maestro over its native USB interface.
- RPi Android HTML5 Realtime Servo Control: This project features a Python program running on a Raspberry Pi that controls a Maestro over its serial interface.
- C++ UDP server: This server receives data over UDP and uses libusb to control two servos.
- Joystick-controlled servos under Windows 7 in Perl
- iamcontent-pololu-servo-controllers.jar: A Java library from Greg Elderfield for controlling servos using the Maestro’s USB interface.
- C++ libusb example code
- Visual C++ serial example code
- Visual Basic 6 (VB6) serial example code
- PHP serial example code
- MATLAB serial example code
- LabVIEW VI for Micro Maestro
- libusc: This project contains a library named libusc that is written in C and uses libusb to expose almost every part of the Maestro’s native USB protocol. It also has an example GUI written with Qt.
- Maestro Serial Library for Windows 10 IoT Core
- Maestro USB Library for Windows 10 IoT Core
- Pololu USB SDK: This is the official source for information about the Maestro’s native USB interface. It contains example code written in C#, Visual C++, and Visual Basic .NET. More information is in Section 8.
These software packages have integrated support for the Maestro:
- Pololu Maestro Case: This is a 3D design on Thingiverse for a case designed to fit the Micro Maestro 6-channel USB Servo Controller.