Support » Custom Laser Cutting Guide »
The cost of a custom laser cutting job is determined by the amount of machine time, labor, and the complexity of your parts.
Here are some factors that affect the price of laser-cut parts:
- Laser-cutting and engraving cost: We price designs based on the material type, material thickness, and the complexity of your design: the more cutting, scoring, and engraving required, the more expensive your design will be, and thicker materials cost more than thinner ones. Cutting and scoring costs are based on the linear cutting/scoring distances, while engraving cost is based on the perimeter of the engravings.
- Cutting 3mm acrylic starts at $0.15 per linear inch.
- Other 3mm plastics (ABS, Delrin, styrene, PETG) start at $0.25 per linear inch.
- Scoring starts at $0.10 per linear inch.
- Engraving starts at $1 per square inch.
- Material cost: We stock various materials, which we sell by the square foot. We can also special-order materials or cut customer-supplied materials. Here are starting prices for the materials we cut most often:
- 1/8″ MDF starts at $2/sq. ft.
- 3mm birch plywood starts at $3/sq. ft.
- 3mm ABS starts at $4/sq. ft.
- 3mm acrylic starts at $5/sq. ft.
- 6mm acrylic starts at $10/sq. ft.
- Shipping cost: Quotes are sent without including shipping cost. Shipping will be added during the checkout process and we offer various USPS and FedEx options. We can also ship on your FedEx account.
- Minimum order: There is a $25 minimum for the first material and a $15 minimum for additional materials.
- Expediting cost (optional): In addition to the base quote, we typically offer expediting options for each quote, with faster service costing 20-50% more per expedited day.
- Volume pricing: Our rates decrease as the job size increases, and we can offer competitive pricing for large orders (especially if you need many copies of the same design, or if the designs are simple and do not require special handling).
- File creation: If you are unable to provide a vector or CAD file, we might be able to create the file for you. Our file creation service costs $60 per hour, with a $15 minimum.