This nice-looking autonomous robot uses a Dagu Rover 5 Tracked Chassis. The Veter Robot was designed to be used as a robotics research platform. The creators list many advantages of their platform:
In the hardware area we provide:
- Longer autonomous operation time with easy replaceable battery.
- Significantly higher processing power with onboard ARM CPU and advanced TI DSP.
- Easy customizable 3D-printed body for integration of additional sensors and actuators.
- Simple electronic built out of standard high level components.
- Wide range of out-of-the-box sensors.
In the software area we provide:
- Advanced communication infrastructure for cloud robotics.
- Support for multiple programming languages.
- Adaptive video streaming for remote operation over the Internet.
- Set of examples for education scenarios.
By embracing open software and hardware paradigm we and our customers have access to vibrant and large community of developers and designers. By shifting complexity to the software and simplifying hardware we were able to reduce price to very competitive level.
For technical details, demo videos, and purchasing information, see the project web site.
Featured link: http://veterobot.com/