CHR-6d Inertial Measurement Unit
This six-DOF IMU from CH Robotics packs three accelerometer axes, three gyroscope axes, and a STM32F103T8 ARM Cortex processor into a tiny, 0.8" x 0.7" x 0.1" board. The small size and light weight (1.5 g) make the board well suited for unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) navigation. The integrated 32-bit MPU takes 16-bit readings of the sensors, applies a customizable filter, and reports the results via a TTL serial interface. The Cortex’s programming pins are exposed, and the firmware is open-source.
|Description||Specs (9)||Pictures (3)||Resources (8)||FAQs (0)||On the blog (0)|
- CHR-6d IMU datasheet (412k pdf)
- Datasheet (revision 1.4) for the CHR-6d inertial measurement unit.
- CHR-6d IMUKit PC application v2.0 (209k zip)
PC application for communicating with the CHR-6d IMU over a serial port. It provides a convenient user-interface for visualizing real-time data from the IMU and for configuring the on-board filter and transmission modes. The version 2.0 software includes the ability to retrieve pitch and roll angles from all CHR-6d IMUs equipped with the new version 2.0 firmware.
CHR-6d PC configuration utility screenshot.
- CHR-6d firmware v2.0 (511k zip)
- The CHR-6d v2.0 firmware includes an on-board EKF for pitch and roll angle estimation. This download includes the zipped source code and a precompiled .HEX image that can be downloaded to the IMU. For directions, visit this page on the CH Robotics support forum. Details about using the new firmware can be found in the CHR-6d Datasheet. CHR-6d Firmware by CH Robotics is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License
- CHR-6d IMUKit PC application v2.0 source code (1MB zip)
- Source code (Visual C# project) for the IMUKit PC software (v2.0) used to configure the CHR-6d IMU and display data from it in real-time. CHR-6d configuration software by CH Robotics is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License
- LPR510AL datasheet (226k pdf)
- Datasheet for the ST LPR510AL MEMS motion sensor: dual axis pitch and roll ±100°/s analog output gyroscope.
- LY510ALH datasheet (217k pdf)
- Datasheet for the ST LY510ALH MEMS yaw-rate gyroscope.
- ADXL335 datasheet (427k pdf)
- Datasheet for Analog Device’s ADXL335 3-axis accelerometer.