Technical Support Representative
This posting is current as of 12 October 2011.
Pololu is a small, growing company of intelligent and dedicated people that designs, manufactures, and sells robotics and electronics products. You can find out more about us and see other open positions on our jobs page.
We are looking for an intelligent, friendly, and motivated person to assist with technical support by answering emails and phone calls. This entry-level position is ideal for someone with a basic understanding of electronic circuits and mechanical systems who is interested in expanding his or her knowledge and learning about our products. Qualified applicants should have experience building basic electronic circuits (e.g. with resistors, capacitors, LEDs). Opportunities are available for motivated candidates to take on more responsibilities in a technical role over time.
- This is a full-time position for on-site work at our Las Vegas location.
- Starting at $10/hour, negotiable based on skills and experience
- Benefits available
- Opportunity for increased responsibility and compensation – we are a growing company and we want someone who can grow with us
Duties and responsibilities
- Reply to customer emails and answer phone calls, responding to basic technical questions
- Maintain, update, and correct product information on our web site
- An understanding of basic electronics concepts (voltage, current, resistance, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with electronic circuit design and assembly
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written, and able to communicate technical concepts effectively
- Attention to detail
- Works well in a team, accepts criticism, and can follow directions
- Enjoys helping and teaching others, good customer service skills
- Cheerful, can-do attitude, strong work ethic
- Computer skills: proficient typist, can operate a Windows PC, do basic Internet browsing, email, instant messaging
- Good mechanical sense
- knowledge of common units (e.g. how long 1 mm, 2.5 inches, and 2.5 feet are)
- familiarity with tools (e.g. Allen wrenches, screwdrivers) and hardware (e.g. set screws)
- Comfortable and competent with basic math (including mental math), such as:
- addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- measurement conversions
Other desirable skills
- Previous experience in a tech support, tutoring, or teaching role
- Programming experience, especially with microcontrollers
- Familiarity with Linux and Mac OS
How to apply
To apply for this position at Pololu, please fill out our application form and send us a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will also be required to fill out an Employer Lynx background investigation release form (70k pdf) before being hired. For additional questions about any positions, please contact Linnea Goldstein at 702-262-6648 or email@example.com.