This posting is current as of 19 September 2014.
Pololu is an electronics manufacturer and online retailer serving education, maker, and professional engineering industries with products ranging from sensors and motion control electronics to motors and wheels to complete robots. We are a small, growing company, and we are always looking for intelligent and dedicated people to join our team.
You can find out more about us and see other open positions on our jobs page.
We are looking for motivated and responsible engineers to help develop our web site, a retail site that handles hundreds of orders per day and provides documentation and technical information to tens of thousands of customers. Qualified applicants should have extensive experience with web development and Linux server operations, as well as a good understanding of the Ruby language, the Ruby on Rails framework, and SQL databases (we use MySQL).
The ideal candidate would be able to take over responsibility for the entire web site after a few months.
- This is a full-time position for on-site work at our Las Vegas location
- Salary starting at $45-80k, depending on experience
- Benefits available
Duties and responsibilities
- Design and development of new web site features
- Work closely with other developers to integrate web site features with our internal database system
- Virtual server management
- General database administration
- Extensive experience with Linux system administration
- Knowledge of several programming languages, including Ruby
- Has built multiple web sites with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with e-commerce concepts
- Attention to detail
- Works well in a team, accepts criticism, and can follow directions
- Self-motivated and able to be a driving force behind major projects
Other desirable skills
- Experience with C# or Java
- Any electronics and robotics experience
How to apply
To apply for this position at Pololu, please fill out our application form and send us a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will also be required to fill out applicable sections of an Employer Lynx background investigation release form (70k pdf) before being hired. For additional questions about any positions, please contact Linnea Goldstein at 702-262-6648 or email@example.com.