This position has been filled; the posting is available for reference.
Pololu is an electronics manufacturer and online retailer serving education, maker, and professional engineering industries with products ranging from sensors and motion control electronics to motors and wheels to complete robots. We are a small, growing company, and we are always looking for intelligent and dedicated people to join our team.
You can find out more about us and see other open positions on our jobs page.
We are looking for an intelligent, friendly, and motivated person to assist our IT department with desktop computer and networking support. Previous experience with Windows desktop administration is required, but we are willing to consider knowledgeable applicants with no applicable work history if they can demonstrate appropriate knowledge. An ideal candidate will be interested in taking on more responsibilities over time, such as phone system and server maintenance and managing IT inventory.
- Full time
- Starting at $12-15/hour, negotiable based on skills and experience
- Benefits available
- Opportunity for increased responsibility and compensation – we are a growing company and we want someone who can grow with us
Duties and responsibilities
- Troubleshooting end-user hardware and Windows desktop issues
- Assembling, maintaining, and configuring desktop and server hardware
- Providing basic desktop and network support
- Installing and configuring software
- Maintaining hardware inventory
- Performing light administrative duties on network servers
- Office and warehouse help as needed (packaging, organizing, etc.)
Skills you should have
- Good knowledge of recent Windows desktop operating systems including Windows 7
- An understanding of desktop hardware, preferably with experience building machines from parts and troubleshooting them
- Basic knowledge of Windows-based networks
- Good spoken English skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to employees at all levels
- Good writing skills
Other desirable skills
- Experience with Linux server administration (Ubuntu in particular)
- Familiarity with Windows Server, Hyper-V, and Active Directory
- Telephony experience