This posting is current as of 8 October 2012.
Pololu is a small, growing company of intelligent and dedicated people that designs, manufactures, and sells robotics and electronics products. You can find out more about us and see other open positions on our jobs page.
This is a catch-all position for engineering. If you have more specific expertise to offer or feel like one of our other positions is a better fit for you, please apply for that instead.
Pololu is an engineering-oriented company with many of the engineers directly involved in various aspects of the business. As an entry-level engineer, you will be part of the teams that improve internal processes, help with customer technical support, and develop new products. We are always interested in finding smart, motivated, and technically-trained people, regardless of their specific educational background.
- Full-time position for on-site work at our Las Vegas location
- Salary depends on skills, education, and experience
- Benefits available
- Opportunity for increased responsibility and compensation – we are a growing company and we want someone who can grow with us
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist with technical support: reply to customer emails and answer phone calls
- Develop sample projects with our products and document them on our web site
- Learn from and assist other engineers with various projects
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Building robots!
- Basic electronics concepts (voltage, current, resistance, etc.)
- Hands-on electronic circuit design and assembly
- Computer programming in several languages
- Building web or desktop applications
- Microcontroller programming
- 3D modeling or CAD of mechanical parts
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written, and able to communicate technical concepts effectively
- Attention to detail
- Works well in a team, accepts criticism, and can follow directions
- Cheerful, can-do attitude, strong work ethic
- Computer skills: proficient typist, can operate a Windows PC, do basic Internet browsing, email, instant messaging
- Excellent at math from arithmetic through calculus
- Good mechanical sense
- Knowledge of common units (e.g. 1 mm, 2.5 feet, and 120 rpm) and measurement conversions
- Familiarity with tools (e.g. Allen wrenches, screwdrivers) and hardware (e.g. set screws)
- Aware of the world
Other desirable skills, traits, experience
- Previous experience in an engineering field
- Technical writing experience
- Familiarity with manufacturing, electronics, or online retail industries
- Familiarity with Linux and Mac OS
- Physically fit and coordinated
How to apply
To apply for this position at Pololu, please fill out our application form and send us a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will also be required to fill out an Employer Lynx background investigation release form (70k pdf) before being hired. For additional questions about any positions, please contact Linnea Goldstein at 702-262-6648 or email@example.com.