This posting is current as of 19 September 2014.
Pololu is an electronics manufacturer and online retailer serving education, maker, and professional engineering industries with products ranging from sensors and motion control electronics to motors and wheels to complete robots. We are a small, growing company, and we are always looking for intelligent and dedicated people to join our team.
You can find out more about us and see other open positions on our jobs page.
We are looking for a motivated and responsible person to help develop a desktop application that we use throughout the business for almost everything, including web content management, manufacturing, customer relations, and order processing. Some immediate goals would be to expand the application to cover areas such as accounting and production scheduling. Qualified applicants should have extensive experience with C# .NET, business software development, and SQL databases. We use MySQL and Linux servers, so any related experience would be a plus. We will also consider applicants whose primary experience is in Java.
- Full time
- Salary starting at $50-90k depending on experience
- Benefits available
Duties and responsibilities
- Design and develop new application features
- Work closely with other developers to integrate application features with the web site
- General database administration
- Familiarity with Windows Forms and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Knowledge of several programming languages, including C#
- A deep understanding of databases and SQL
- Attention to detail
- Works well in a team, accepts criticism, and can follow directions
- Self-motivated and able to be a driving force behind major projects
Other desirable areas of experience
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Linux server operations
- Ruby on Rails
- Web technologies and e-commerce
- Any electronics and robotics experience
How to apply
To apply for this position at Pololu, please fill out our application form and send us a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applicants will also be required to fill out applicable sections of an Employer Lynx background investigation release form (70k pdf) before being hired. For additional questions about any positions, please contact Linnea Goldstein at 702-262-6648 or firstname.lastname@example.org.