2.1. Components of the RC Switch with Digital Output
Pololu RC Switch with Digital Output, labeled top view.
The Pololu RC Switch with Digital Output has 7 through holes spaced 0.1″ apart that fit 0.1″ header pins.
The GND, VRC, and RC IN pins make up the switch’s RC interface and can be connected directly to an RC receiver or servo controller:
- The GND pin is the ground or reference voltage.
- The VRC pin connects to the RC power line. The power from VRC is not used by default, but a jumper on the bottom of the board can be bridged with solder to power the board from VRC.
- The RC IN pin is the RC signal input. The switch measures the width of pulses on this line and uses that to decide whether to activate or not.
The VCC pin powers the basic functions of the board and needs to be connected to a power source between 2.5 V and 5.5 V. The VCC=VRC jumper on the bottom of the board can be bridged with solder to power the board from VRC or to pass power from VCC to the RC receiver.
Outputs and indicator LED
The RC switch provides feedback about what state it is in via a yellow indicator LED. The LED behavior is described in Section 8. Status information is also provided by two outputs:
- The GOOD pin indicates the presence of a valid RC signal (10–330 Hz pulse rate, 0.5–2.5 ms pulse width).
- The OUT pin indicates whether the switch is active.
When these outputs are high they will be at the same voltage level as VCC. When low, these outputs will be at 0 V (ground). These outputs do not have resistors in series with them. Each output can source or sink up to 25 mA.
The learning mode jumper on the top of the board can be used to get the device into learning mode and configure it. The configuration procedure is described in Section 9.
Pololu RC Switch with Digital Output, bottom view with dimensions.
A 7-pin 0.1″ straight breakaway male header is included with the Pololu RC Switch with Digital Output. The header pins can be soldered in and used to connect the RC switch to perfboards or breadboards.
Pololu RC Switch with Digital Output with included hardware.