Here are some ideas for improvements or modifications that could be made to the hexapod design:
- More complicated scripted behaviors – help your hexapod get out of stuck situations more reliably.
- More robust sensor readings. The example code only read the sensors once after each sequence – can you do better than that, and detect obstacles sooner?
- Alternative servos – the entire design could be scaled up.
- A power switch so that the battery does not have to be unplugged over and over.
- Boost regulation for consistent power from a more compact (lithium?) battery.
- QTR sensors for line following or table-edge detection.
- Light sensors for light-seeking or dark-seeking behaviors.