The QTR-1RC reflectance sensor carries a single infrared LED and phototransistor pair in an inexpensive, tiny 0.5" x 0.3" module that can be mounted almost anywhere and is great for edge detection and line following. The output is designed to be measured by a digital I/O line.
- How is the Pololu QTR-1RC different from Parallax’s QTI sensor?
- The two modules are similar, but there are a few noteworthy differences:
- The Pololu QTR-1RC unit is much smaller, with a 60% smaller board area and 1/3 of the thickness.
- The module pinouts are not the same, and the Pololu QTR-1RC does not come with 0.1" pins soldered in.
- The Pololu QTR-1RC uses more current to make the LED brighter.