Frustrated by those cheap, low-voltage motors that require too much current? Here’s the answer: a low-voltage motor controller designed specifically for those toy motors. With all of the convenience of the Pololu dual serial motor controllers and the added ability to deliver 5 amps per motor with no minimum motor voltage, this dual serial motor controller has you covered.
Compare all products in Old and Discontinued Serial Motor Controllers.
- How often do I need to send the motor controller a new command?
- That is up to your application. The motor controller will keep the motor(s) running at the same setting until you send a new command or reset it.
- Can I connect multiple motors to one motor output?
- It’s certainly possible to connect multiple motors to a single motor output. However, you will need to make sure that the motors do not draw too much current for the motor driver you are using.
- When should I use the configuration (set motor numbers) command?
- Configuration is intended to be used only when you want to change the motor numbers to which the controller will respond. If you’re happy with the default (2 and 3) or the settings you’ve already chosen, there’s no need to re-configure every time. The configuration is stored in non-volatile EEPROM, which means that it is saved even when you reset or turn off your motor controller. The EEPROM can be written thousands of times, but you could use it up if you keep writing new values in a loop.