This four-legged Mechanical Turtle crawls when motor rotation is transferred to the legs via crank plates and linkage rods. Each pair of legs (front and rear) is molded as one piece and the front leg plate is attached with a ball joint that serves as a fulcrum to imitate turtle crawling.
How it works
The Mechanical Turtle crawls forwards or backwards using its front leg plate. This plate is attached to the turtle body by a ball joint and serves as a fulcrum that is driven by a gearbox crank plate. The Mechanical Turtle’s body is made from transparent green ABS resin, which lets you see all of the internal components in action.
- Total length: 166 mm
- Total weight: 95 g (without batteries)
- Body material: ABS resin
- Gearbox, motor, and control switch are included.
- A screwdriver for the assembly is provided.
- Requires one AAA (a.k.a. R03 or UM4) battery (sold separately).
- Continuous running time with Alkaline battery: 1 hrs.
Note: This is a kit. Assembly requires using a screwdriver and snapping parts together. No soldering is required. Run on flat, smooth surfaces; avoid running over slopes, on bumpy roads, or on thick carpet.
People often buy this product together with: