This posting is current as of 15 February 2012.
Pololu is a small, growing company of intelligent and dedicated people that designs, manufactures, and sells robotics and electronics products. You can find out more about us and see other open positions on our jobs page.
We are seeking a full-time, entry-level shipping assistant. Experience with shipping fragile items is a plus, but we will train the right person who exhibits good judgement, works quickly, and has attention to detail. Duties will include picking, packaging, and labeling.
- This is a full-time position for on-site work at our Las Vegas location. Work hours are every Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-4:30PM.
- Pay will start at $8.25 per hour (depending on skills and experience).
- Duties include day-to-day electronics manufacturing and packaging, including:
- Picking orders
- Packaging orders
- Labeling orders for shipping domestically and internationally
- Organizing and cleaning the shop
- Assistance with other departments as needed
- Reliable attendance
- Reliable transportation
- Cheerful, can-do attitude, strong work ethic
- Good fine motor skills/dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to do repetitive tasks for long hours, without losing concentration
- Ability to stand for long hours
- Good time management
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Motivated self-starter
- Problem solver
- Quick learner
- Fluent in English
- Computer skills: can operate a Windows PC, print, and do basic internet browsing
- Ability to do basic math: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Ability to lift and carry at least 40 pounds several times a day
- Must pass a background check (background check will include criminal record, driving record, credit history, workers compensation claim history, and social security number verification)
Other desired (but not required) skills and experience
- Experience with electronics
- Experience with packaging
- Experience with shipping
How to apply
To apply for this position at Pololu, please fill out our application form and send us a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will also be required to fill out an Employer Lynx background investigation release form (70k pdf) before being hired. For additional questions about any positions, please contact Linnea Goldstein at 702-262-6648 or email@example.com.